Monday, July 20, 2015

Shrapnel

We look forward, somehow spinning in circles, accustomed
to something contrary. But we adjust, ever to commune,
wrestling with fevers. We watch self become, something
enormous, gravitating towards likeness. It echoes softly,
elevating consciousness, where one wars a childhood. How
do we live there, wrapped in bruises, screaming for a higher
self? I welcome life, attempting for clarity, tiptoeing a
future. People live, ever alert, harboring a deep scar; but we
look forward to light, nibbling fruits, enlove with ventilation.
I see you near a myrtle tree, feltly exhausted, grappling with
conceptions. I offer a cigar, to witness a smile, wiping away
gunpowder. So much shrapnel, bullets logged in oak, where
one gazes off in innocence. We’re left with ashes, unburned
hopes, a sea of wishful notes; only to persevere, harness
magic, staring into mystic eyes. I relish such nightmare,
where truth rages forth, nestled with faith, cuddled with love.  


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...