Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Monday

If it’s not upbeat, it’s downbeat, or somewhere in between.
Indeed, to speak religion is risqué, and to speak love
conjures images; some pleasant, while others register pain.
Where is this medium, where joy isn’t laughed at, and
strain isn’t overbearing? I thought of flowery words, but
too low to reach, walking through mental regions.

Maybe jasmine, ivory, and aqua are pretty words, from
which beauty appears.

Where to find a sunflower, an apricot dove, even a stenciled
daffodil? I ask, somewhat uninterested, marching through
a process, where jaguars move in stealth, and wildcats
appear from within.

Some specialize in art, and such kindness, a genuine hello.
I’m often there, in social khaki, trekking through scrapes
and bruises. It’s rewarding in its own sense. One gets closer
to reflection, as opposed to screaming at a mirror.

I’m new
to life this week, a tad bit cynical, musing personalities,
aware to admit struggle.      


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...