Thursday, July 30, 2015

Seesaw Rivers

I can’t escape it, a thought to linger, to feel malaise. So I’m
uneasy, to witness pain, grieving long-distance. I remember
this feeling, to grip a pillow, and die this feeling. I can’t
conjure long-term joy, away from your eyes, pilling lemons.
A dresser becomes a bolder, where a mirror, points and
mocks. So envision makeup, a miracle, effacing woes. I
couldn’t imagine, the detriment, of forcing silence—a stifled
voice. I look at birds, confined to chirping, wingless in a
winged world; and squirrels and ducks, a touch of simplicity,
striving for depth. Oh to hear you, a bit reserved, a product
of circumstances. If only perfection, to yield pride, and die
with every texture. But life is fixed, a bag of trail-mix, to toss
away raisons. I was tossed, love, and so willingly, fully
unaware. It becomes natural, to dislike pain, to protect a
broken heart. To live is to see, despite a slant, a world of
injustice. But it helps little, to feel infraction, longing for a
friend. So we write to feel, to google swans, found in love.     

I feel malaise, and see a portrait, an image of a teenage girl.
She lives in feelings, keen with logic, buried in what ifs. I
watch a cinema, where all is perfect, and cats are shooting
dice. We laugh and yell, over steak and onions, proud to feel
a river beating. But our drums are unsteady, sorely affected,
staring at a windowsill. Our skies are bleeding, if only a
segment of life, bound to a world of what ifs. There’s only
so much, to witness destruction, amidst a voiceless room.
Know that I stare, peering at confusion, concerned of a future;
and never could lie, a part was played, where forgiveness
gave up a ghost. We live partial, searching for a payoff, where
altruism is voiceless. We could imagine, a faultless world,
where children take precedence; but faultless would find fault,
intolerable of the faultless. Its mere design, for life is partly
drama, where trauma is a thunderbolt. I speak to unlock, a
world of wisdom, to heal but a fraction; where to see, is a
soul conflicted, trekking through struggles.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...