Friday, July 17, 2015

Painting Sadness II

Where have you found me; broken, split in halves, eyes
hiding a brain of tears. Something has shattered free,
where
particles flip and flop upon concrete, melting into sunrays.
I’m a desert afar, marrying sorrow; and I feel her
screaming:
“Let it go.” We died in our youth, fully frenzied, to live
as adults, filled with fragments. Something is challenged,
a sense of self, founded in harshness. She lived in a
moment,
breathing life, abused by society. How would she find
herself, melting baking soda, and breastfeeding? I fault
her,
and I fault her not. But who would feel her, bundled in
pain,
a quilt of sorrow? I pace a faceless city, peering into a
faceless
self, praying to a faceless Heart; and somewhere, deep a
conscious, a son is groaning, grappling confusion. I need
more of myself, remembering my likeness, conversing
with mirrors.
How was it us? I’m lost for reason, wounded in soul, and
deeply
apologetic. I saw her, and knew her, a reflection of a
future. Every
corner, fraught with fever, to pass out on hard liquor; and
how
to turn right, where left was given? I ask, felt and clueless,
striving
to escape. What was it; a tub of grief, an ounce of illusion,
a need to
forget something living? It was us, crying and laughing,
dearly
destroyed, where another line would rupture.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...