Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Layers

Moods shift, stringy through winds, dancing to everyone’s
energy. I ponder you, posing problems, watching as you
calculate measurements. We spot a ghost in every mirror,
tired of hearing ourselves, searching for a new topic.
Coffee is brewing, cookies are baking, and most are studying.
I remember you spoke of personalities, wailing freely,
accustomed to a wound. I saw you, peering into an audience,
but self-sufficiently. I coddled an ego, where said ego barked
in disagreement. We smiled in passing, a small smirk, even
ink to a jacket. I’m giving the best of me; you’ve done so for
years, both proud and humble. A timer is going off, dogs
are barking, a world is mourning in disguise. I look forward
to reading your book, even scanning for ideas. You’re a
blessing to souls, wrestling goodness, while shunning evil.
Hearts are beating, where a therapist ponders tomorrow. I felt
her in words, somewhat myself, that is, hard to reach. So
admiration is overdue, while common birds break curfew.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...