Monday, July 13, 2015

Facing (Memoir)

I was raised, formed independently, to love, give and climb. It was ever a file, haunting progress. So many fashioned in illness, preyed upon by life. But life is loved, where elements are repulsive, given to a gymnasium of repercussions. I come to you for more, as I come to a fountain. Others perceive life, musing upon benefits, casting dark forces. But how many blessings, granting acquittal, falling into a terror-dome. It’s clearly a mind, a conscious mind, opening to Christ-like realities, dipping into dungeons, fully indulged. So I give you this, speaking to self: It’s structured by design.    

I feel it, a floating world, grabbing and gripping sanity. So many undulations to quake a soul and rattle a heart lost in public and found in Scripture. I obeyed request, avoiding fancy, neck high in curses. How to fault a soul seeking God, where God showers gifts, to the dismay of fancy? I ask for a purpose, respecting design, probing a nature. But utter silence, where otherwise, would hassle a nerve.

Something is truly askew, dearly elusive, haunting for plaguing minds. I reckon to swim a centered chant, longing light and silence. Indeed, fully spoken, where something keen, sees itself. How is time, dearly concretized, perceived by sun-fall? Instead, a focus is morning, to gaze the grass, petting a neighbor’s cat. How many cups, probing soul-mates, featuring something familiar? I lied to you, for rhyme and reason: I do not trust you. One might reply, “It matters not; so let me do my job.” I empathize and think otherwise; for a light has dawned, probing a psyche, digging into a gut.

How do I address you, a thunderstorm of emotions, tethered to a dream? An answer comes with time, akin to a virgin’s love. So many thoughts, formed in visions, where a mind conjures a maze. It’s engrained deeply, a net of pits, a gothic pendulum. I watch and ponder, trekking a sylvan, pausing from ink to oak. I early apologize, ever a dream, lost and found in a letter; for every bard had a muse, and every seamstress a garb. But wander a thought, returning with kismet, drawn towards a sea.

A thought has gone wrong, where peace is challenged, uploaded with fiction. I gave you power, unwarranted power, nearly prophetic power. I was famished for birth, already living, a planet afar. But leave it to karma, a debt paid, drifting in and out of consciousness. I’ve given, unwilling to give, where romance has given up a ghost; for something was sculpted, founded in unreality: Why would I live there?

You speak of justice, dearly unjust, a puddle of guile. We impassioned life, where hatred has crept in, a fortress of miscalculations. So I wonder of peace, woven into a self, as profound as love. Does it live, a brilliant light, received by a genuine world?


It’s ever our life, a slight malaise, asearch for more. I need you becomes a test, even a maze, a ritual of love. Something sad was near, foreshadowed in prayer, a Gordian-knot. I leave facing the dark, an unspoken light, as fervid as feelings. 

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...