Sunday, July 26, 2015

Possessed by Self

I shouldn’t be angry, to see self, possess power, away from
self. It’s a paradox, a high vs. low, where extremes rupture.
Something was altered, a fallen manic, nearing a field of
dangers. I cry purple, yanking a russet sky, reaching for
teal tulips. I love it in jasmine, a beautiful rugby, striped
with grays. Every art a fang; and every soul an art. Fangs
become treasures, and souls become wings. I’ll meet you
in waves, to prune a heart, exotic as opal plums.

I shouldn’t be angry, to till soils, ever possessed, an element
of self. It’s a hydrant, a broken seal, lashing out into a city.
So play a guitar, strum a tear, in a vineyard of drums. Indeed, 
something lives, ever in focus, a fist full of flowers. I love it
in turquoise, a woman’s blouse, spotted with daisies. Every
night a day; and every core a sun. Nights become gems, and
suns become cosmic. Indeed, I’ll feel you in pains, to scrape
a star, as moving as ocean blue.           

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...