Thursday, July 30, 2015

Battlefield

I’m twice-born, a passport to hell, gripping and grieving life.
Speak of happiness, a crooked design, as coquettish as a
kiss. I love it in degrees, the eyes of a child, to soon feel
pressures. What am I: a fleet of wishes, a jaded muscle, to
spoil a longstanding dream? I’m a cedar-chest, filled with
hopes, speaking to grandmother. I’m something more, a
golden cross, socially crucified. I’m, too, a teacher, to touch
regrets, proud to earn an A. It’s more the aches, the roots of
angst, crawling through pits. I thought of life, to want a
forbidden, mourning forbidden. How would I give, a broken
soul, fraught with wants, and desperate for life? I was too a
dream, a fastidious stream, narrow and judgmental. But I’m
twice-born, a purple aroma, a sky-blue sorrow. Every fiber,
a sudden glance, everso dusty, and filled with demons. We
feel this way, a dusky moon, damn near astonished. I’m
disheartened, feeding pigeons, and gripping clumps of grass.
It’s was ever a sun, a fabric of happiness, chasing a rainbow.    


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...