Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Nature (Memoir)

With little evidence, we dismiss a thought, where truth
was captured. I ponder upon this: To feel truth
unrealized. Such steepness, open to a sign, surfing a
symbol. Determine how? outside of hard won facts.
I ask, unaware, somewhat unyielding. I chased a fly,
wall to wall, only to open a window. Such a piano, even
a viola, given light to a shadow. As a lad, I watched
bees, and dragonflies. If we near a bee hive, we’re libel
to get stung; we do not ask, “Why have you stung me,”
for the bee has given up its life. A lion approached for
a takeover, where an older lion died; cubs were killed;
eventually, a harem was in heat. Nature is different this
way. I could love you, surrender you, to love another like
you; but it’s unborn that I would sting you, to surrender
life. Things are different this way. In most cases, we do
not mate the one that has destroyed our love.     


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...