Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Years Of Pencils

More for city lights, rattled in liquor, ever to surface. Its
antique diamonds, wooden bikes, and kites afloat. Indeed,
it’s a nightcap, and thunder dreams, threading moments.
We’re enwrapped, sailing yachts, for make-believe. I get
tired, drained for feelings, shifted softly. Nights are colored,
breaking pencils, afraid of ink. It’s an hourglass, haunting
mirrors, grieving time. Something baroque, to alter
reality, one mug shy. I must for breath, nearly cloaked,
to pierce for fate. Have you heard, flames are soaring,
where souls are flying? I evoke for more, a valley of spirits,
trekking a vineyard. Its oaken values, tender vines, and
steel for meaning. You’re aglow, in a dark attic, courting
fireflies. I tip a door, to climb a ladder, ever to peek. It’s
amazing, an attic rainbow, a Van Gogh portrait. I’m
need for words, to foreknow silence, a pigeon as a night-sky.
You pause with fright, to smile ablaze, reading Rousseau.
I ask with haste, to feel for circuits, drifting long-ago.   
Its subtle anguish, a trench of joy, to share in wounds. I’m
close for love, a Sunday prayer, wrapped in ecstasy.  

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...