Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Stream Shadows

I’m unpolished, reading sonnets, spent on love; and there
you are, a fan of fiction, peering into reality. I sing for
lost, to hewn a diamond, staring at black coal. Its fumes
and flames, staggering while sober, torn for surprise.
You yank and mold, driven through spirit, channeled
through cries. I awaken, to chisel concrete, to touch an
abstract thought. Its rays of rain, trekking railroads,
stopping at an impasse. I see you, pitching coins, flooding
a would-be pound. Our hour is soft, fraught with few
words, to tillage silence. I can’t escape, a hurtful vibe,
running westward. We disappear, to an empty track, three
miles apart.          We’re spinning near, to tip a fringe,
falling unto grace. I spot a smile, but sore eluded, swatting
at demons. You hold a cross, to utter life, speaking in
Scriptures. Time lilts, a bleeding sky, to nurture for souls.
I’m keen for lost, but ever found, dancing a new person.
We disappear, to puncture clouds, wrapped in sky-rays. It’s
torn a phoenix, to fire wings, swarming a tornado. I look
for rings, to capture sight, and you appear.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...