Thursday, August 27, 2015

Weather Born II

Its dark-green moons, and burgundy suns, to long for what
ifs. I’m born this way, to pet an iguana, forever wild. The
tides churn, spinning tornados, and scratching chambered
souls. I flee, to return, pointing at a mirrored image. There’s
sorrow there, and rooted anguish, at a sea turtle’s pace.
I conjure an avatar, surfing through Twitter, reading
quotes and sayings. I pause in psychology, to struggle a
psych, sketching affections. So many faces, staring at woes,
where eyes reach for love. It’s earnest this way, to live a
mystery, too brave to feel; but this is myth, where souls
water, to fertile a garden. Its a-cappella waves, pom-pom
smiles, and baroque clothing. It’s ever to hide, chanting a
chorus, to feel a concerto. We’re gone this way, lost in
activities, singing a duet. Let us pause, ever an encore, to
fool a passion. I’d died to see it, a loving grace, fraught
with altruism. So I dare, fallen for short, to scorn an ideal;
and still, a fugue is blaring, a nocturne dove. It’s more this
way, a lingering motif, a need to aspire. So more for waves,
to spin through operas, to sculpt an opus.  

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...