Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Cloth at the back of a theatre

It angers for soul, to be pulled for slums, where lights are
dim. What is it, to groom pastel feelings, ever to walk
away? Is it chills, a sullen thrill, to mold for skills. Is it
love, a strange rebuke, to puke upon suede boots. It’s a
crash course, ever to torch feed, a cosmic clash. We want
for less, where feelings crept, to gnaw for crayons. I
oppose it, to scorn it, even to love it. It’s such a pull,
selfish in content, and semi-confused. Songs are dark, for
night to sing, kicking at shores. I mourn it less, where dust
evolves, an image in pearl pains. Such grain for light, as
dim as winter, an Oakland fog. Was it silver, ever to morph,
a gilted sword. I fall to ask, veiled for charms, to listen for
rings. The city’s broken, glass is shattered, and we want
for bedlam. I pick a suture, to see a face, wounded through
love. I hear a song, to summons hell, where love once grew.
I’m done, a wishless vein, surrounded by grains; but what
to give, a wounded silence, fighting for caves? We offer
space, even cosmic prayer, tiptoeing spikes and thorns. 


Inspired by ballet.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...