Monday, August 31, 2015

Portrait to Portrait

Oh for sweetness stranded in ponds and knee high in algae.
I loved her to the best of abilities and ever linked to stress.
We crawled an entire life abandoned to pianos. Love
would shift for darkness two days shy of destruction. It’s
difficult, even impossible, to salvage explosions. We
redeem for parts to exchange for metals where a living
room is retailored. I muse upon a Buddhist piece falling
gently to wonder of true nature. We avoid truth to cleave
to folly afraid to seek therapy. I’m long beyond to rage for
woes where a human altered futures; but I drift to speak of
tales where fortune is a calm hello: un-harassed, well-tempered,
and free of malice. I dream of this voice to utter, The skies
are pure. Indeed, we vision for fruits and seeds to savor for
salts and flavors. Somewhere afar speaks an adult swan. We
listen for both turmoil and warmth of presence. We trim for
hedges found in dialogue ever to hopscotch a mirror; but our
swan pushes fully engrained to gesture with powers. I long for
this wealth a color to mold art where a soul states it sorely,
You’re in error. But more for kites to float a breeze where
cookie crumbs smear a blouse; and more for paint to smudge
a canvas where quarters are pitched against a wall; for through
hell and harvest, love and tears, a swan is jeweled.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...