Sunday, August 9, 2015

Haunted House

It creeps within, to dialogue ghosts, a flicker of flame. I
run, forever to circle, trekking tracks, and pitching rocks.
How to live, ever to perish, to tremble with chills?
Something breathes, ever alive, a soundless song. I see
a fen, to mock a soul, spinning in waves. To dream, I dig,
to till an earth; and there afar, a light for struggle. It
tussles heart, to plant a seed, grieving both left and right.
A star cringes, to witness scars, ever to compound woes.
It’s more to vision, a peaceful pond, feeding geese. I grip
for soul, an act for mind, to nurture a rising prayer; and
more to fall, a bleeding bulb, raised on heartaches; and
there it creeps, a valve of stealth, probing every memory.
I search for thoughts, to color rain, staring at a journal.
It’s torn for heart, the starch of pain, to trickle a reservoir.
More to fly, to dance in mud, weaving feathers to a tear.
I’m art for peace, to shatter walls, ever to kayak sorrows.
What to live, to die for life, bouncing through turmoil.
So less for joy, a haunted heart, to wrestle over scars. 

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...