Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Costume Ball

There’s a masquerade, a cage
of facades, where love is
koans. We spoke for briefs,
to totter through weather,
where she disappeared. I
combed a room, to no avail,
where she reappeared. Her
smile was torn, a storm of
hearts, reaching for an arm.
I was dreamlike, to move
a mask, to nurture champagne.
We laughed, closely
knit, to turn trestles. It was
more a fairytale, a room of
costumes, a perfect charade;
but something real, to
touch affection, a mask to
reappear. I vied for sight, to
feather woes, a verse of prose.
A sudden pause, a
mask to tear, a need to fly.
I chased, to stand still,
aware of self. Forever gone, a
rope of chi, stirring through
a swamp. We met for love,
where love was veiled, a
moment
for love. Months would pass,
a memory torn, a trip up
a coast; and there she stood,
in beaming white, a
scarf to accompany. Our masks
for grays, to leap for wings,
absent to such affection. I
spoke of woes, a shadow’s
turn, a face flushed brightly.
She spoke for exit, a second
keen, to glance a second
mourned.  

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...