Friday, June 18, 2021

What Goes On Inside? Is Music Different?

 

a bit displaced another cigar a tear for mother. I met a sociopath, I saw skies, by differences, they aren’t concerned with consistency. doors might close, racial issues might persist, it takes clarity to love oneself. I stare at a ceiling, I imagine changing roof tiles, or better, breaking out of pictures – many captured seconds, while reminiscing, so enlove with old versions; if but to reglue, if but dynamic flame, or many immortalized. I feel it subtly. I close a box. I walk to myself. as thieves it seemed normality – this was our allotment – it becomes fair to exercise our options. but blues or new problems while Cheryl was dealt similar cards: she made alumni, she has four degrees, we say, “It’s different for women. They aren’t perceived as a threat.”          a woman might point at her body, her heart, her pride and dignity, at her hunger.          but Jerome made varsity, Gerald made it to Harvard, and Leonard went to ITT Tech.          major reasons, defeatist when analyzed, at gates plucking grapes.          maybe upon an heirloom maybe an ancient agenda, maybe debating our identities.          Ellen has skills, quick-wit, a bit short on ambition. she enrolled to Pepperdine. she was accepted. she’s two months pregnant – her dude is excited – he says she can go to school later. Ellen had an aborting this morning.          mother wants to be a model. men are eager to feed the scream. she has a habit ranging in-between three to four hundred dollars a day. father is gone, we’ve unveiled rumors, it turns out he’s underground. a man appeared, he was father’s closer, he and mother played piano. the neighbor is an alcoholic. she gives great advice. she died while dressing.          she was babysitting. the girl was filled with tears. I wonder how she’s doing.                    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...