Saturday, June 12, 2021

Shot of Thorazine


she sliced tomatoes if windy inside while looking distressed. I smell tomatoes by mere memories I see a full-figured woman. gems sit stillness. she pulls out an onion. her eyes start to water. a bowel of lettuce waits. she looks up, finally.

 

she gets pepper in her nose.

 

a cat is in the kitchen, a tabby, she adores this cat. it purrs and meows, she gives it a piece of turkey.

 

I woke up uncheerful looking into walls, reminded about summer. a little shy, a bit morose, I need to grab coffee. the lady is cooking breakfast. she looks submissive, acts servile, but is truly a danger in danger – of self, of sophistry, of strident voices. mother called her rough. they laughed it off. but both were serious and resistant.

 

I’ve been undergoing apathy lately, raw feelings, torpor and debates. if I were clever, I’d take money, and move to a different Continent … not really, for I might be destroyed, people, all over, hate out-of-towners.

 

the woman pulls out biscuits. she butters them fastly. mother begins to pontificate. I smile. she asks why? I say, “For no reason at all.” she smirks, sips coffee, and returns to her intensity. so praised at times, with needs in mind, – why else do we cleave to certain people?

 

most folks are catalogued, defined, worked into a stereotype. maybe social anesthesia to numb our receptors, or mental currents to enhance our warmth.

 

the lady is powerful, a powerhouse, a machine – a bit incautious, but, too, cautious, while listening to softer winds.

 

so destitute when I awoke.

 

the walls are beige. the room is cold.       

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...