Sunday, June 13, 2021

Downstairs Through My Brain

 

“not into difficult. mainly complex simplicity. unlike territorial jargon.” leaves are crisp, season is changing, hay is still flammable. black kids were running through jungles, they stumbled upon a body, they called out to their parents. grownups took charge. most were speculating. the boys were interrogated.

 

many signs pointing at you. I would never embarrass you – not again. some might dig into us, unravel us, where hostility avails.

 

by rage of ten leopards by courage of nine apes or by charging of a dozen elephants; to sit on a settee, to examine fire, while homes are filled with hyenas.

 

we lived off hand-me-downs. we ate liver. no one volunteers for liver meat. I was attached to you. you’re a noncolor woman. I see in you differences. it’s attributed to upbringing, different regulations, firm expectations. we often say, “Entitlements.” this is too easy. we never say, “Elegance.” or we say, “Privilege.” while we lust for habits. we never say, “Upbringing has bred something outstanding.”

 

I get angry with you, or wonder what changes you, where, we might say, maybe on a late night, while filled with gin, they’ve what I crave after: quickfire rebuttals, a lack of devastation, most aren’t born with stigmata attached.

 

I leave those remarks. I haven’t said much. it amazes how we desire each other.

 

born with Paul’s thorn. rummaging intestines. it seems like rawness – our divisions, our schisms, our dowry convictions.

 

mother was a glassdoor, made public, difficult to debate with; father ate existence, ravaged innocence, left with few incisions.

 

the moon is unstable. it makes allegations. it might accuse you when it stands aside wrongness. it’s amoral, anti-ethics, it does as it pleases always confused about sadness. it acts against itself.

 

            quite simple. nothing complex. as I sit inside myself.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...