Saturday, June 12, 2021

The Ghetto Is Breeding Fire

 

we pour into children we mask problems we love mother – the parade of bones the skeleton crumbling a soul is made elastic. so grim so much rain the nation is pluvial. it gets to a space it clanks like iron while many need family. a table of smocks a collar str8 abuse a kid running like freedom. a bleeding sin a bloody mess while seated at a prayer. so lost, Jesus, so found, Jehovah, a glass of tears. to swallow a nightmare to eat a tiger as so many swamp mayflies. a deadman a gut-feud so at you for guidance. I loved like a fool I needed like a child I nursed like a baby. my database is frowned up, my aches are indeliberate, such fumes in an old school Caprice. I walk squares I see palm trees I eat gravel

 

– so torn so abused like ghetto fusion. I was lost I said, I was found like an artifact, I grilled a chicken.

 

the ghosts are angry something at my mind, I was leveled for death. a truck swooped as looking for interior while too manic to fret a real problem. granny needed a ritual her soul was yearning it took 12 months. a kiss in spirit, couldn’t open his eyes, so aglow like a palladium.

 

more a doorjamb in a courtyard while turkeys are making aggression.

                                                                        (tell pain. grit rain. concrete on alert.) much a bad place so immaterial, a cherry bleeding gas. a miracle a matchbox like fury in Yahweh. at a podium or gunning into a church, the preacher died with a mistress. we myth on each other, we love humans, we hate human activity. a person on spectacle, acting in loudness, proclaiming what he would never do. a field of memories a rite in ghettoes much time to sense a lie.

 

I dipped a cigarette, I was embalmed, I measured with an elephant. I smoked cigarettes I drank poison I woke up in a straightjacket.

 

                                                                        we’re at our bottom, they drive us through, I’m 15 in a Jaguar. I ate Eucharist I sinned for goodness, I lied for Easter.

 

like a Holocaust I felt despondent I can only imagine when death is the only option.  


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...