Saturday, June 5, 2021

Shadow Puppet

 

harder to sustain you or easier to tolerate you – as wilder creatures. standing at a cliff arranged to leap – would you catch me?

can’t be here again, a soft utterance, nonetheless, days are crucially unspoken.

                        harsh as it might sound: another has humbled my spouse.

I do realize as I have said, we are not interested in truths.

                        patches of coping or skills to survive – certain to unlevel me. we can’t ask for much as more than ability as accustomed to redeeming habits.

I come across as an ass, for no greater reason, but pointing at behavior.

                        I would prefer utopia, as long as I could receive it, while dystopia lingers nearby.

what would we ask for, if face to face, with sheer omniscience?

                        I don’t think we want to know.

                        I don’t think we meant to ask.

                        if so, I don’t think we’re strong enough to know.

I hear chatter, so I listen, it’s alarming what we conjure up.

                        one is dying.

                        another is cheating.

                        another is unhappy.

we give it to our children, if pleased to dote, while we wonder what we’ve constructed.

                        one has pain, much as understood.

                        another goes deeper, real trauma.

                        another is identified by such essence.

a soul says so much. it goes a long distance. it hopes against hopelessness. some count on the hoping. they know it will not change; they’re not working in that direction; – but they will permit the given haul up mountains.

seeing it’s not distressed, as presumed it should exist, pure fire to get us there.

                        honeyed smiles or raw detachment where it seems unstable.

much is at your step, many are walking around your shadow, certain beliefs have been vetoed.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...