Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Gas Was Lit

 

if you love me, it’s like pain, an anchor in his bowels – so intestinal so blank a man will die three times. an only child, they call us spoiled, mother said the same … a wreck for family a sandwich for lunch or Grits for dinner. I heard a man ate water, dust, dirt, made mud pies. we fight to express pain. we roll tobacco. we come from killing fields. the company I kept the way we died we needed the brandy we drank. I’m a believer in women, they act in accordance, mostly souls raised us. a violin bleeds a cello aches a viola whines; to unlove you is criminal to understand you is illogical to walk away is terminal. like a filmmaker like a drumkit the lights are out at 4 a.m. I met a lady I was unfair in me I desired to reappear; I walked train-tracks, I painted railroads, I fought like cats. upon a polygraph laced in spirit ten moments ‘til waking up. I haven’t a clue, a naked aesthetic I watched as she entered the restroom. eggs with green onions, turkey bacon, and biscuits. so far into disbelief so ached to cry sitting in a chair the legs are wobbly. so unstable as like his life another stranger headed to her layer. a smothered existence a pictureless maze while bold enough to claim Christ. so much inside me, “I’ve come for sinners,” a soul runs through a maze of shrubberies. I relax, reading graffiti reminiscing on times when getting along seemed easy. before regret before nonchalance before realizing most aren’t equipped. reedited or raw material at a soul ten paces my damages. she wore most excruciating denims. so rich like jewels. while a man is drunk off her delicacies. indeed, I heard her voice, I died in my revenge, I felt re-parted in segments afloat in the breeze.                

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...