Thursday, June 3, 2021

The Skies Are Absurd

 

the dungeon was haven across wires bled out unto resurrection. the battle was father’s the war was mother’s the aftermath was progeny. eating marshweed societal swamp water at each turn having to negotiate – mother’s hand, or granny’s dementia, or a building of ants. I often wonder about our systems – the way we seem displeased, as it must be vetted, it must be of deeper concern. our souls fraught by bees our minds wrestling slugs our piano placed amid a forest. it was easy to dismiss until it was necessary or it kept gnawing at our subliminal. a hydrant for whispers or water flushing sewers or rain probing atmosphere. a woman was mad, I’d done something wrong, she wasn’t about to tell me. I knitted for hours some sentence in intuition, I unknitted it in her voice. must sun rise in miseries much darkness in blackdamp much pluvial conversation when days are unpaved. but areas are puddles or sediments, for the estuary is flooded. by fire to smelt me by iniquity to bless me so many miles separating our understanding. a lake amid our flame born so late and carried, made muddy, and baptized so early. as what was given, its taste in our fens our parachute opening too soon. a manmade monster a feeling felt frantic or a petal palatial in pride. so straightly crooked so much an absurd specimen after something – it isn’t coming – we started digging holes for trees. a sink sat aside a street, a gate spoke to fate, a man unfaced an apparition. so distant in its closeness so up to feel so low or so proudly disappointed.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...