Monday, June 14, 2021

We Suffer So Neatly

 

I drink helium or gases or lithium – so much excellence, we must feel perfect, you knew I had problems. so wrinkled so splattered it’s been 5 p.m. rules – as softened creatures on curfew at a que or bars for smiling. I said nothing, it was like dying, wild ass silence. she had a great time, a personal victim, with hellish dogs eating intestines. tell me rifts or shifts or wrapped in a comforter at 2 p.m. I ran solace grounds I lied to Jesus I thought he’d miss that. eyes laughing poison grinning I was so far in. you knew it was pain, you knew it was valiums, you knew a kid took Ritalin. indeed, you knew mother beat us, while lingering, you knew she became like tar: so sticky – so dressed up – so many lies. stairs into clouds I kept walking or climbing or dancing to awaken so empty so uncured so ghastly. we ate scars filled with tissues adorned in honey – by Promised Land, by insecurity, by a bag of filthy rags – to question hearts as trying to decode hearts, we might never know full function of hearts.

 

            I drink compassion so opposite our nature, I cleave to something good. it pisses you off you hate that I lived, you despise, nay, abhor those calming tendencies. you are mean. I sit in patience. you hate I haven’t croaked. I saw a man in a cape in a scream dreaming me into a problem. too abstract: I saw a man molest serenity, court a victim, I awoke like a mad-child in his mirror.

 

            too much confidence. it seems oxymoronic, aside for too much of anything is acute trauma. but I never said in love. I only churned in love. I gave it out of my depth. swarming myself, eating knapweed at a swamp ten islands into absence. a grave for me a woman for me a problem for sea.

 

            let me see you naked. watch how I worship you. tell me in tears to stop loving you. give me Cogentin to calm shivers or shakes, give me acid for a miracle to escape. I need more in you. I drink miseries in you. too acute to break free, a hurdle for an ant, a terror for Elm Street. I was meant for you. we suffer so neatly. I laughed when it hurt.      

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...