Saturday, June 19, 2021

Juneteenth: I Am Now Human

 

if I dislike myself, or purchase inferiority, am I made worthy? a unique question, on a symbolic day, un-celebrating or instilling what’s inhumane. I gather an ideal, where freedom is disputed, it’s matches & gasoline. by tunnel by frustration by truer personality.

 

we might redefine ourselves as souls caught in yearning, where most are left uncertain.

 

to feel flustered, to engage freedom, as cornered by discomfort: sweet courage, terminal courage, front page courage.

 

might become a mannequin, or a pantomime, or a Malcolm X. might become a King Jr., marching aside Jim Crow, might become an alcoholic. I might indict black women. it hurts as alienation. most are wrestling pains.

 

it seems cathartic to become isolated; it seems freedom; it allays a number of beatings; where it endures its loneliness.

 

I’m reading The Tradition. I’m walking hallways. I see Jericho Brown. such sweet torture, pure presence, in an absent world.

 

I read Obit. misery kept screaming. we undergo sorrow, somewhat divorced from activity. sheer wailing most gracious affliction, we try to imagine a breakaway.

 

like a Phenomenal Woman – those pillars reaching, tugging, pulling at intestines. to be body, akin in spirit, with death courting the crib.

 

so vocal about it. raging in terrors over it. our police white-washing blackness. to die come battle, aside a myrtle tree, nearby a garden. mother established, father at her side, our sins rinsed & forbidden to return. I am now human!

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...