Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Wings Dream Like Dungeons

 

Characters 

Sun Chi is a thirty-three-year-old Asian Black woman. She specializes in Marshal Arts. She has an MFA in Creative Writing. But her entire life has been given to subduing her rooted emotions, her uncertainty. She Trains at a Marshal Art center located on La Cienega and Sunset.

Little Wise is a young Black Frenchman. He has a M.A. in English with a Minor in Psychology. He met Sun Chi when he was eleven-years-old. He is now twenty-four. She has trained him for close to fourteen-years. 

Place

Sun Chi and Little Wise are at The Chateau Marmont. They are discussing their affair in between lovemaking and growing into a fever. Sun Chi is trying to believe in kismet, without the daunting rationality of happenstance. And Little Wise is throwing his being into projecting marriage and joy. 

Time

It’s March of 2020, and Covid-19 has just become publicized.

 

Sun Chi: What are we in this location? What are we faced with? Is this not a sign?

Little Wise: It’s hard to follow you, or desperate to follow you, but you sound uneven. This virus has nothing to do with our relationship.  

Sun Chi: Doesn’t it? You’re so young! Or you’re so optimistic! But dying seems to surround us. It’s just the beginning. I am crying without water.  

Little Wise: Let me secure you.

Sun Chi: Secure me? Or die with me! But it isn’t even enough!

Little Wise: You do this often. You die before living. Try living in me!

Sun Chi: I will live away from us. It’s agonizing. It’s unhealthy; as to contend with self in order to outwit self. I ignore me in a sense to live in you.

Little Wise: So wise. So tamed. How has wildness escaped you? I see you writhing. Such dark essence. But life is sweet to you. You have what others desire. I want to give you more of me.

Sun Chi: I need patience with us. I desire to break all rulers in me. But I see a younger soul, fraught by ambition, giving his life to shadows. Some shoji image, but without a person. While you have yet to taste my despair.

Little Wise: I see you. You wiggle in place. But you never move. I make love to you. You watch me. You never surrender. Such passion as screaming. But a second unrestrained. To come to, begging forgiveness. What is religiosity in an anti-religious soul, which has become religious? Tell me love as it dies to blossom.

Sun Chi: Now you are dying. Please, die with me! I touch a face, but it’s alien. I grip a buttock, but it’s rigid. Or I taste a man lost in being tasted. Have I occurred to him? Has he loved some stranger? while I aggravate by being myself. I know me. I have accepted me. Can you live with the me I disdain?

Little Wise: I would give more to touch some person in some web if she laughs at my insecurities. I feel your fabric, such a glowing texture. I hear an ambulance. I look in panic. I see our faces gasping desperately. The world is burning. Our minds are sore. I was hell to let you knit our re-torn inhibitions.

Sun Chi: So softer than reality or covered in sap and yarn. While I must walk to our funeral.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...