Wednesday, December 9, 2020

The Root Is You

 

mornings seem similar. a cup of coffee, a cigarette, while praising interiority. I check in with softness or design a day where goals are mapped out. I recreate silence. I pamper a friend. with such reaching catastrophe.     I take a guarana or sip something gentle or rearrange motivations. I consider a plot, or stitch an ambition, while remembering something shocking. I apologize internally. I map out its coordinates. I am left unsatisfied. such helicopters such love seats where it isn’t real. to imagine softer flesh soothing thighs or someone so exclusive we die—those apples those pomegranates those peaches; as incredible, tamed monsters, or skyscraping lunatics, or some game we unacknowledged. so much precious pain, so much losing to find us, so pulled by an indifferent, manipulative world. the way we discharge us, or cleave despite miracles bleeding, while tiptoeing our own behaviors. our last chorus our want for love our lives broken. such realization in me. to understand familiarity. while feeling quite selfish. by a flaming jungle such running animals while we watch, spread water, or entertain something tragic. by deaths to adore by wreckage to succumb such travesty in tender eyes; to have our bodies our unraveling anxieties while wrapped in foreign dominions. I light another. I get lost in pretend. I sit to write. so much a ritual so embedded while interruptions seem to dislocate rhythm.     I admire some woman I see her terrible I hear her beauty. sour/sweet desperation. if but to re-veil for a second try. if but to become too vulnerable. as received in bloom, or cherished despite alleys, while loving has killed certain ambitions. such dear literature such worlds inside while something seems like a carnival: those shoes, as they tread, while the essence condemns a buffoon; to adore something painted up, as never a glimpse, while one might look hideous. I have made one promise, in the life of lies, while I have always given my word. it was tender travesty. nothing was good. while one chastises the victim. sore perfection. power denied. it drives a human mad.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...