Saturday, March 20, 2021

Brief Ode on Ms. Sentence

 

the sentence dies its language is grief or sour excellence. I feel her as pumping exposure if but to see most anguish. her religious filter, her secular ambition, upon structured paper. I bathe her I steal her I barrow her. her cousin, such vital ink, the two are desperate. never a pencil or always an eraser such death in each wind. I ache in her I feel her promiscuity as she travels looking for unwashed souls. such grace such humanness so afar while seeming so nearby. she sounds a trumpet, or causes agony, such self-redeeming anguish.

I seem put together, maybe a bit the sentence knows my name. her dear ruthlessness, her delicate transformation, her deep-rooted indifference. I sip her. a pinching in me. a river just waiting for a crossing. salmon in season, bears avarice, wolves watching – praising elaborate honesty.

she sings or nudges silence. the world is full incompleteness. her sadness becomes leverage. her art is internal. by pain to bleed, by hex to vanish. so tender so rough so under midnight sun. a building in its land a farmhouse astray a pile of living in its secret. a pair illegally. a duet in rage. while we get lost in scenes. it couldn’t matter, it couldn’t be real, the way a sentence whispers at emotion.

so raw in excellence. so restrained while outspoken. as speaking with vague clearness. so hidden in us such seas in diamonds such a benthic creature.

so painful those ways as eyes moisten such molten lava. nothing adores me, nothing loves me, as a sentence in its purity. so much it kills so great it dies while pushing so hard to disbelieve – its rank its majestic cure its deep, demanding courage.        

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...