Sunday, March 8, 2020

I Die to Love


I die to love. It’s akin to prayer. And death is rich. The omen’s
Layer. My hopeless dream, my waking pride, the devil’s joy,
My bleeding side. And heart to God, a fervent ache, a touch of
Pain, and bliss to fate. Thus we flourish, the death of life,
Fraught with greed, and wisdom’s wife. My flaming gem,
Awake the beast, and tame the lust, put breath asleep. Else
We perish, a fatal scream, locked in dungeons, afraid to dream.      
And heart to sin, my plaguing thought, infused with gin, the
Omen sought. And pulse to life, my dripping bane, suffused
With myth, and demon slain. Thus the serpent, the heart of kef,
A falling void, the life of death. And art to pride, a rising flare,
The truth of love, and epic prayer. My distant star, alert the
Weeds, for death is light, and mystic dreams. Thus we harness,
Our sacred light, and ride the waves, of cryptic plight.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...