Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Belief, Doubt & Rhetoric


into or around a small estuary are hopes shadowed by dreams. such muddy sediments or foggy conditions nor were days bright with verve. by sounds to find caves by minds to capture a hunch insomuch as to struggle with conclusions. beliefs are murky they shift or complicate so often, while most are jettisoned with time. I was a lad by firm pillars where I was introduced to doubt: the beautiful creature, indeed, liberating, where we find a conundrum. if I deflate beliefs, I seem groundless, where my edifice becomes the countenance of suspicion. to need microscopic truths, in an abstract universe, while coercing evaluation. some things are given. in such a sense to offer comfort. while intimate things we try to support. “I love the child in my womb.” we don’t question that. but one could, and we would be perplexed. but if one were smoking, while pregnant, we would point-out the contradiction. but what have I to hold to? I replace beliefs with suspicion. I become the greatest Doubter to have ever lived. so, doubt becomes its beliefs. I’d hold a number of vice-grips, compiled by systematics, and I would apply them to every supposition. thus, doubt becomes religious, in its dogmatic properties. (the thing I am refuting seems to be the thing I have transferred, where, indeed, I adhere to a secular religion.) we enter something gray. this want for position. if but to replace the ultimate ideal. “I need the Absolute located in pure humanness or I’d prefer that nothing be absolute.” it becomes argumentation: its application, its study, its rhetoric.      

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...