Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Oh Fairness

It was fair a season, for touch her eyes, to perish lightly. I
spoke soon, to cherish embrace, aloft center stage. Such
“pelletted tears,” ever and anon, to clamor sadness. I was
shy polluted, for shackled hearts, a friend for distress.
Long crumbled conviction, to sight unsighted, adrift for
shores. We mourned forever, a silver line, to love come
forbidden. I sheared a soul, come breath to wail, a shell
but a carcass. We tore for nectar, a neighbor’s eyes, zipped
but untucked. I buckled a thought, a torn complaint, to
knell for a valley. Such vatic cries, and attic sighs, a tragic
high. We never a wind, a shelter sad, to die come pressure.
She flailed a death, barely to swim, through muck and grime.
I broke for windows, to breathe for air, a room to excavate.
Her fairest gem, to rage through whines, where patience
snored. I soon for woods, to carve a branch, where agony
dwells. We chase for image, the grandest dream, pulled for
collars; but oh for lights, through crestfallen sores, to kiss
but one. I flee to turn, for arms empty, shadowed though
sullen; for close is love, through grit and vein, for velvet clad.      

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...