Thursday, September 24, 2015

Strangers (Both Poets)

She sits by a lagoon, staring at a daffodil, mourning its existence. He has seen her before, unaware of the impact of her beauty.

Male: I’ve seen you before, shadowing the woods, while caressing leaves.
Female: And I saw you watching, seemingly afraid, and captured by shallow thoughts.

M: I was captured more by shallow beauty: to wonder of its visitation upon such a breath.

F: I am beauty, as shallow, nay, as hollow as dreams. I look for such a one to rescue me.

M: It has been too long for loneliness; where you dwell at its portico.

F: Take the prow, my fantast muse; else we swim through wreckage.

M: I am moonish through you. Your eyes awaken sorrow; and pain follows.

F: I am this daffodil, to station near life, to suffer through soul-quakes. It is less my heart and more my perception, strung through cycles of death; and it is less my perception and more my heart, flung into deception.

M: I deceive with purpose: a presence to grip perception, a heart to rain affection. We are strangers to chance upon breath, a world of more value than days of norm.

F: You speak allusions of moonquakes, a yoke scraping an acorn; but we long for more words.

M: Carpet is grassy sands; and opera is flapping wings; and we stitch each word with a tint of contempt. I see for beauty a welcomed home, for I tingle through ever tendon.

F: While you tingle, I am apologetic, even a fantasy, longing for a stranger.

M: You open boxes, where a heart beats: I nibble bait.

F: Well grip for hook, where seaquake eyes may rest.

M: I am more to keep a distance; for songbirds are similar to seasons, they soon depart.  
 
F: In thought, I am more than mere seasons. I am a cycle participating in the stream of life.
I am yearly; affected by nature, and partial to weather’s soul-beat. So be not afraid, and change not the station, for we are more than seasons.

M: May I sit at your side, if ever to absorb such mystique?

F: You may sit at this side which captures but a glimpse of dying beauty, or you may help me up that we may venture through chemistry.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...