Monday, September 28, 2015

Awaken

I’m somewhere mellow, to crochet a childhood, where
hearts
thump rivers. You’re there, in silken gown, frowning
over
marshmallows. I pitch a chestnut, to receive a gesture,
and
laugh aloud. The stars are dreaming, filled with spirit,
cleaving
to space. We ground coffee beans, lost for creamer,
to use
milk.      I awake, to sweaty palms, a clammy feeling.
     Earth is so
vast, to crawl through midnight, invested in strangers.
I
picture for perfect, as rounded as squares, a bit clumsy.
I fall,
and there you are, chewing on a futon. I reach forward,
and
reappear, filled with furnace. Its ink and graphs, to
chisel an
image, to purchase a brush. The canvas is full, to
sketch the
margins, and focus binoculars. You sing for gladness,
to squelch
for sadness, to witness madness.      I reappear, a tiny
finger,
scratching a cookie. Ants form a pattern, to reap for
raid, an
odor free bullet. Life is pictures, and bright black
colors, plus
a woman saying, “Mommy.” I can hear a chuckle,
barely a
toddler, reaching for saltines. There’s water, and
father’s palm,
sprinkling my scalp. I sneeze, and mother smiles, a
feyic touch.         

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...