Thursday, September 24, 2015

Brilliant Blue Bass

Its all-night diamonds, Champagne and cars. We hit traffic
doing fifty, inching towards Brentwood, walking like we
languish. Its cameo love, partial hugs, a room full of pain.
Such for sorrow, to puff cigars, as patient as portraits. I
maze a riddle, to pound a shot, a sphinx to speak; for
there she stands, draped in charcoal, a drop of blood. I
pass a napkin, barely seventeen, a fist full of skulls. Ours
was brief, ever a greenhorn, to speak as a sphinx. I’m
glass to shot, to decode lyric, to look up to it. We live in
secret, pyramid wrists, to whisper Illuminati. I never knew,
to purchase wealth, the last to know. So deep, for so
shallow, wide-eyed with passion. Here’s a Bentley, a billion
dollar woman, a gait to kill. I glance for length, to notice
distance, a cold sensation. We skate next door, burgundy
lights, for cocaine homes. I’m too young to hear, with a
dreamy soul, stuck on beauty. We perish to live, surfing
melancholy, pitching emeralds. I’m too far for gone, sipping
dark poison, to marvel at life.      

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...