Saturday, September 19, 2015

Craving a Voice

Give affection, a son dejected, strutting through projects;
and such distress, to pardon hell, if only to breathe. We
know it well, an attitude of dung, seeking cotton candy.
It’s him, it’s him: It’s always him.     Indeed for caution,
an addict’s son, a break from normal, and much fatigue.
I cried to hear it, a woman’s voice, screaming, "F his life."
Let’s expose nature, a feud for love, a deep deceit. It’s more
deceit, an addict’s need, a step for control. It’s quite
insane, to mingle at lights, to piss-off love. I sparkle to
feel it, a dying breed, bent on moving mountains. Something
tickles, a thirst for war, to flip a humble man. So tithes are
paid, prayers are paved, for picture perfect pain. What for
sons, speeding through traffic, a touch of misguided anger?
It’s so emphatic, to transfer angst, to F a brain; for “norms”
are printed, aside for us, an affected flame. We elude to
embrace, ever addicted, but now for moods. I want for
daylight, where shadows beat drums, and mothers live asylums.
I can’t forget, a tender vex: Life is darkened, Love. I chew it,
torn for dead, alive when God came.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...