Thursday, September 17, 2015

O’ Spirit Lives

Its heaven in arms built in liquids as to notice winds. I
collapse in such arms held through invisible as abstract
as colors. Was it love this comfort to build a sky ever
for flowing freely. Angels visit hell to sprinkle water
where Mechtild sings the softest songbirds; and Gertrude
warns, a herald of souls. I bubble deeply for living
Martyrs to spin a serpent to rob a sting. Oh Elijah, a
rasp to ache churning through a softer whisper. I love
it as it falls to witness for grace a woman two score
aflame. We chisel terror to flow her pen nightly with his
fever. I love it for rapture a tender silence to speak
radiation where darkness sings. It was ever your tear
compelled to perish alive unborn. Elisha wailed to grip a
tunic to set to flame streaming through loss. What burns
this river as treasured Niles a symbol in Ethiopia. Oh feel
it simmer to stir alive soaring into a falcon; and dearest
Mary, to capture life to give for life a wife of that Holy. We
mourn in vain, for Its best that I go, to send for comfort.     

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...