Friday, September 18, 2015

Spirit Miracle/Woes

I’m moving low to unravel soul spirit-bound for Cush.
You die in spurts to grip to hell to whisper a wounded
prayer. I fly your voice adrift a wing flowing through
an eagle’s breath. We love for Love both chained and
free a suture for wounded cries. Oh for nights
screaming woe semi-distorted enlove with the melody.
We cringe that thought alive that thought a gift to
give that thought. I’m running home from years of
fleeing to rescue a mirror’s image. I ponder sheep and
goats to decode life to imbue a daughter’s wingspan.
We give to give for light aloft an ideal imparting
whispers. I heard it this way, for Gregory The Great,
streaming through chants. There’s a splinter to tear a
soul to yearn for darkness; for light is soul-bound a fire
for seekers. I stress for lakes a winter gone awry a
fireplace broken. We live it this way to mingle sin alert
to something carnal; but pain for life and life for rain
rising through a furnace; for cryptic birth a printed heart
striking through souls.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...