Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Wednesday is Different

Today there are vacancies for sorrow. Yesterday it was sad-
ness. Tomorrow may sting a bee, arrow a pigeon, or ring a
knell. I can’t seem to grasp it: this entity called joy; where
happiness is distraught, distressed, even dismayed. A couch
is stained. Leather is fading. A faucet drips. Nothing speaks
of glee; but deepness, even shallow ponds, where woe
waxes quite eloquent. “Lisa called. She was worried. I told
her you’re your regular self: sitting, brooding, staring, even
getting on my last nerve. Call her when you get a chance.”
But I’m not calling: to answer some question on my state of
being: to endure those moments of silence; which suggests
something is hidden, even wrongness, even pain. So I cook,
but fail to eat. So I clean, but fail to dust. There’s a fly in my
ear: it speaks of cathedrals: archways: even temples in
motion. I flush it out: so to ponder madness, melancholy,
even misery. But something without a nib puzzles me: it’s
not so much a thought, as it is a state of being.   


I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...