Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Journey

A recluse has entered a desert, ever to trek, from town to
town. I pause, look at grass, and pet a puppy. A little boy
is laughing, and saying, “Mother, who is he?” But a
journey has just begun, forest to forest, headed for concrete
grounds. A bus is nearby, eye-soaring and blessed. This is
our life, a dozen plans, and so unfamiliar. I heard it when
he yelled, “Jesus is coming.” I then walked a freeway bridge,
headed for Century City. A friend passed a cigar, babies
yanked at pants, and something unseen was stared upon.
We smiled for the years, akin to St. Paul, feeling winds and
sunshine. We parted ways, headed for the phones, but lines
were busy. It’s no longer me, Lord: I’ve lived and died only
to live some more. But I ask a favor: an unsaid favor; and a
spirit utters what a soul can’t. I’m thankful, seat to seat,
and plaque to plaque. I told a friend the nights are warm,
and summer is two months away. We sipped a glass in
celebration, and soon departed.  

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...