Monday, June 15, 2015

I Love You.

I imagine a Juliette Dresser in vintage; whereupon, sits a vase,
a raggedy doll, plus, a stubby nosed piggy bank. I’m so
removed from actuality; but I remember signs, a treasure box,
and would be drably carpet. Well here’s a jewelry armoire,
a mini yacht for trinkets, somewhere a land filled with lotuses.

I needed to write to beauty; if only to change sheets; for a
daybed has become a cabriole, even a squall of temperaments.
So I’m pulling at innocence, flopping upon a bean bag, if
only to change the feng shui, if only to reposition an antique
clock.

Never did we imagine a room of spinning options, where each
door offered a bookshelf of dreams and cabinet opportunities,
plus, a credenza filled with boxes of jotted Scriptures. One day
a game table will slant in our favor, while wild rivers part the
animosity, and grandmothers rise and love from a grave.

I now imagine leopard spotted pillow cases, swan shaped ink
pens, and a lapwing clock. Yes. I drift, my love, wrestling with
adulthood, as faithful as snow monkeys, enduring an icy forest.
But Venetian blinds guard the pain and urgency is concealed.


I Love You.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...