Sunday, June 21, 2015

Rivers

I thought of such grief, living den to soul, and soul to den.
I never understood, somewhat captured, stressing in
silence. Phantoms flaunted riches, ever too far; and love
flaunted safety, ever too near. Something in me, a touch
of purity; and something in me, a vest of darkness.
“What’s this cloud?” I wasn’t certain, a pageant of
whispers, ghosts, and secrets. Mother was silent, bells
were ringing, life was a mystery. I fell from grace, and
grace received me. Night was suspicious, but I kept at it:
walking shadows, shaving thorns, drilling at welts and
wounds. So many crossed a path; and so many sore to
clash. Days to years, and years to decades: How would we
know? young and deceived, old and typing. In truth, we
become what we munch upon, plaguing psyches and shattered
mirrors. But we come to You: knees scraped, hair matted,
combing through trials and tribulations. Such mercy, semi-
cursed, running up rivers. 

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...