Monday, June 15, 2015

Not the First Night, but Maybe in the Morning

I met her at a club: wine dripping, navels itching, and strangers
being loved. She was curious, but not alive. I touched and
walked passed. I did this thrice. The fourth time around she
gripped an arm. “How are you, she asked?” I paused in her eyes.
I’m doing well, I said. We centered a dance floor: energy
pulsating, and chemistry aflame. Our drinks were slow to
come; but we chatted of spirituality vs. religiosity. Her thoughts
we’re profound. She thought the difference was perception, as
opposed to reality; while I spoke of the structure of each
proposition. We drank and lounged, and lounged a drank. I
grew bold and asked her to come to my place. I was fiercely
young; and she was dearly sophisticated; but I wanted nature
inside her. She agreed, and we jumped a freeway to my place.
I felt seductive curves; and kissed voluptuous lips; and
undressed to car breaks. My muse: alert and reserved; keen and
retrospective. We held and fell asleep, to awaken to wantonness.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...