Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dear Furnace

Oh furnace, our dearest flame, blaze oh furnace, blaze.
It came to me, a silent sparkle, speaking silence. I
wailed for those who hadn’t crossed a bridge, ever
our tear. A youngster morphed into adulthood,
sipping Champaign, musing a russet star. It blazed
through a galaxy, oh night it has blazed. I watched
it deep an interior, merging flames, ever to explode.
Such breathless passion, our tender rose, petals fallin’
in despair. I swept a petal, to outsoar death, casting
love to a butterfly. It weaved to wave waxing brilliance.

Oh furnace, our dearest flame, blaze oh furnace, blaze.
It beckoned life, an inner key, as winsome as silence;
for silence cried, an unheard echo, piercing spirit. I
whispered a rising chant, fraught with speculation. Oh
burning furnace, give not a pledge, live not a death;
for our furnace must breathe: breathe furnace, breathe. 

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...