Thursday, June 11, 2015

“Speak of the Highs.”

I can’t speak without parting a sky, walking a fringe, even
structuring an affected area of brains. There’s something in
there: an echo in a forest of hemispheres; a valve fraught with
giggles; even ridges of religiosity.

I saw a phantom: my very eyes. They hosted funerals, where
souls
departed,
glossy hearted,
seeping into regions.    

I can’t imagine an idea free of salutations, where subjects enter
into converse with thoughts that forge personhood. Their an
element akin to spirits. We outwit invisible entities,
roaming city to city.    

I met her near Hermosa Beach: burgundy eyed; tall; slender;
oval faced, staring me brow to brow. We glanced
affectionately: “How
are you?”
I’m newly born.

We sat and partook of imagination, feeding on energy, lost in
illusion. Our auras reeked of, Give me life.
I touched chiseled fingers, brushed raven hair, where heartbeats
rumbled
lightning.

“My home is near. It’s filled with portraits. I’d like to share.”
I
froze, thrust into a future, which broke a mirror, to
volume, yes.
 
I need not paint a maze, where morning was abandoned to
hangovers, tomato juice, and hushed goodbyes.

Yearly,
a moon captures grace: a honeyed tone; a fractured intention;
a need to touch.

I say more to experience: ghosts as painful; highs as rushes;
strange encounters; and friends taking snapshots.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...