Friday, December 31, 2021

The Crush Is Pantomime

 

I wasn’t a jealous rose until we met:

you suffuse darkness, you abuse senses.

I want you for my own, unlocking for

me; so much ecstasy, when a mind

 

torches. You stir feelings, life is uneasy,

I never felt a woman like you. Days

lost in storms, asking about town, if

they see my lonely star, bring her ink.

 

She writes in spirit, gathering berries,

making juices. The oak tree is witness

to our passion, eager with pictures, I

can’t beg, I want to beg, it still accuses.

 

At evening, running in meadows, tears

moisten soil; at morning, looking on,

faceless pillows, emptiness burning,

calling gently, voices low, so unfelt.

 

Born to tragedy, upon a thought, most

mirages are see-through. I met in oils,

painted in acrylics, it must come to

life: violent music, metallic winds.

 

You seem vivid, like colors in rain; I

leap in private, concerned about prints;

a tender leaf, an ant for company,

so much a forest, so great a banshee.

 

You leave me walking, peeling an

orange; you come to me, rushing in

passing; you become lightning, fire,

drenched in aura, moving motion.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...