Monday, May 30, 2022

We Could Be Beautiful To Some

 

Reaching for pearls, cleansing my soul, told the storehouse is full.

I thought to what was said: too much Ibuprofen:

How would love creep in?

Atop the credenza, rolling tobacco, jotting a few lines. She said something creative. She’s usually silent.

I imagine another knows her prowess, her excellence, I know artifice.

To know life, wrestling with terrors, at one I could never with.

Listening to invisibility, staring too long, please speak!

I left daydreams alone. I was offended by blatant ink.

It must have ached. To come so strong. Like a political prisoner …

lost in future thoughts, checking the Nikes, buying a battery.

Looking now is difficult. To feel like knowing isn’t enough. We could be beautiful …

we forfeit superficiality.

We conquer the apparent, offering pure illusion, it looks different.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...