Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Therapy Sketch

 

Beige: “I don’t feel like me. I fear something has changed, something essential.”

 

Therapist: “We change in life, dependent on where we are at, Is the change good? Tell me what it feels like.”

 

Beige: “It feels like difference inside, detachment, pure observation. It’s noticeable, intentionally, showing something is missing, edging me into debate with myself.”

 

Therapist: “Do you feel possessed?”

 

Beige: “No! I feel like something inside of me is agitated. Something has grown into another level of consciousness.”

 

Therapist: “Have you been involved in anything new? Are you worried about anything?”

 

Beige: “I’ve been concerned about the afterlife. I’ve been thinking on it. But this isn’t a presence of mind, it’s a presence of interior, something looking, fidgeting, anxious, moody – it’s me – I can feel me, and something new.”

 

Therapist: “It sounds like growth. Growth often comes with a challenge, the new is pushing at the old, blending, or there is an overthrow of the old thoughts. This causes friction. You have to adjust to it, and try to determine what your consciousness is telling you. Have you felt this in the past, during a difficult or trying time?”

 

Beige: “At different points in life, I’ve felt this way. It’s just a little heavier now.”

 

Therapist: “Do you find joy in it? Does it hurt you?”

 

Beige: “Ironically enough, at points, it offers satisfaction, but I refuse the delusion. In this refusal, it causes distress.”

 

Therapist: “Something in you is moving. Something is probing you. You need to figure out what this something is. I would start by examining anything new, difficult, anything showing resistance to the old person.”

 

Beige: “It seems something is watching, alert, maneuvering, calculating, also, influenced by consciousness.”

 

Therapist: “Consciousness is a vast topic. Much has been discovered where it stands. Maybe do a search, and see if you can uncover more on the matter. For now, try not to overthink it, rather, feel out where things are changing, and walk through the process.”            

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...