Friday, October 25, 2019

Good Night, Love


I thought about aggression those subtle silent scissors or troublesome temperaments; or those haunting tree rings:

Antagonist, never let
Go, never be the house-
Hold perfect soil and
Ideal climate, be a love
That does not know… (The Green Ray, Corina Copp p.89)

…to churn a little to reinvestigate feelings or to sense something too tragic to divulge; but life is beautiful and deaths are grasshoppers while awareness belittles something sacred; at more music or feral fires where we rescue our aches: those days becoming normal ablations where silly time is so vindictive; such underpainting those eyes as valence or such personality unchartered: for

When I was a little cut
I thought I wanted cancelling
lotion, syrup, Percocet
to extinguish my sting

I thought I wanted fire
to scorch my vile shape
or scientific hands
to smother me in place

But as I made my way
in misery and pain
my heart changed her direction
in place of hate self-loved

Now I am a happy hurt
A cheerful scissor sliding
I press the door to send the gas
I ask them for their papers

I cut their paper legs off
As they advance in rows
I lacerate their entry path
on their way from Mexico (Marine, Connie Scozzaro p. 11)

but a short sanctity but a night of diamonds or realist laws losing meaning; to hear at sanctity in blossoms or to un-sing an unsung sentiment; those evenings eating such silence where adults fill silence for but anything but silence; our loud silence peering at our minds reversed in something acing its penalties; to exist as freedom so bold for those things as they mean so much: a treasured ink-pen or a favorite pillow or first to jump in the shower.   

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...