Thursday, December 15, 2022

Let Spirit Woe II

 

I feel it was meant, the curse of the elephant, to wonder where mother was born. I feel it was destiny, an ear to pavement, a room haunted by molestation. I fret it was in vain, another wake, another warrior to the afterworld. I was sick those nights, sweating out vomit, edging into memories; and spirit came, and spirit went, the majesty of the loss. If to win, like a president, so many miles to the right church. I feel it was deliberate, I feel like a specimen, it gets to its fences; and the gatekeeper, on memory, to swoop two minutes too late. I fret its madness, the swoosh, not necessarily a good feature. I have a rash, I keep scratching, it only grows worse. I feel like knowing you would have been glory; to speak biblically, to die once again. I heard father was a roller, a dream, to play piano, to pluck violin. And loving you was wrong, a sad song, a waning in its waxing.    

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...