Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Street Jazz

 

Made a million in my imagination.

 

Fraught by Good Times, never saw it coming, who debates that his worth will snap?

 

Never saw her coming, draped in red leather, riding a bicycle, looking quite attuned.

 

Try it for its worth, speaking in riddle, she talked it in.

 

Each group has its treasures. I was surprised. So sophisticated. So wise. A move to weaken perception.

 

In some circles, a soul is never seen, nor watched for, it’s the label, and only that.

 

“Ask her name, say it thrice, ask for her pain, nurture, buff, support her dreams.” “That seems like a lot. I’m just passing through.”

 

So arid outside, like desert clouds, or sweltering rain.

 

So prime, such a mover, so deeper those seconds; a scorpion was in my quarters, it’s a mystery, it disappeared.

I’d Save The Reader Years

    The beat becomes sickness. A long crucible—a drilling ecstasy. I was losing focus, feeling forbidden, if to self, if to mirrors. So curs...